Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Feed Your Soul

People get so bent out of shape when folks don't "support" their "events." I used to get upset when my friends didn't come to my performances. Then, I took a step back and realized that I didn't want to be there my damn self. And since I wasn't making any money, I had to ask myself "why am I doing this". I was doing it because I thought that was what good singer/songwriters did: went out into the world and cooned for a couple hours at a time for peanuts. Well, I discovered that good singer/songwriters don't do that. Good singer/songwriters use their gifts and talents in ways that feed their souls. When the soul is getting fed, it doesn't matter who shows up. Ironically, people will start showing up more because they want to be in the midst of that good soul-fed energy.

People also like to pick their crowds instead of letting the crowds pick them. There are times when the people we like simply aren't into what we're into. But that shouldn't stop us from packing houses and not lovin' these hos. Just be who you are and you'll attract the people who like you. Now if you discover that you don't like the people you attract, well, that's a problem for you and your therapist.

On tomorrow's episode of "Being Responsible For Our Desired Outcomes", we'll discuss men who don't like women and the women who love them.

Love,
Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment