Monday, August 12, 2013

Love, Blue

I make jokes a lot, and sometimes, they're even funny. In my jokes, I bitch a lot. It's how I get through my day and if more people wrote our their pain, there would be fewer manifestations of that shit in the real world. I am aware that I'm the only person who can hurt or heal me. I have bad days. I have good days. I go crazy sometimes. Then, I make fantastic seafood dinners for my family. But whatever it looks like and however it seems, love is really all there is.

Believe it or not, there is no such thing as racism, sexism, ageism, xenophobia, homophobia, necrophobia, or agoraphobia. There is only fear. We can tear fear apart, call it different things, evaluate and judge the outcomes of fear. We can clean fear up and implant it with silicon, relax it, wax it, lighten it, and tan it, but at the end of our obsessions, it is still only fear.

We can give fear a job, put a tie on, iron it and keep it away from humidity. We can take fear to the doctor, feed fear, starve fear, give fear a warm place to sleep or regulations to keep it from impeding itself. We can educate fear, give fear titles, and put fear in charge. We can take fear to court, fine fear, beat fear, rape fear, steal from fear, lie to fear, or make fear bow down to us.

We can buy fear and sell fear. We can discriminate against fear and vilify fear. We can wait for fear at the stop sign at 3:00pm and whoop fear's ass. We can destroy fear or create enough fear to keep us all sedated. We can lease fear for 5 years, renew fear for another 2 years, or enter a 10 year fear payment plan. We can call to reduce the payments on fear. We can lie and pretend we never knew fear. We can tell on fear to protect our egos.

But when we get done with our obsessions, our processes, our meeting places, our evaluation stations, our quick fixes, and our drawn out bullshit, it's all just fear. Transcend. Transform.

Love,
Blue

1 comment:

  1. complex simplicity at it's finest.
    your words. your you.

    ReplyDelete