Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Why ask "Why" when you can just say "Whatever."

The academy has destroyed my sense of "It is what it is" by constantly berating me with "Whys". Why did this happen? Explain why that happened. Backup your theory by explaining "Why!" Go deeper. Think harder. Don't just do things. Also examine WHY I do them. Well, congratulations graduate school (and my sister for constantly asking me why I do every fucking thing I do and me falling into the trap of thinking I'm supposed to answer her questions simply because she asked them). I am officially a why-thinking-question-answering muthafuckah who gets on peoples nerves because I always have an answer. Now, I have no friends.

As the result of a suggestion from Long, a pimp doctor from Vietnam, I have decided to take a "Why" fast for the rest of this week. It is Tuesday.


My "WHY" fast is off to a rocky start! I've caught myself asking "Why" questions and stopped. It's harder than I thought.

Woman on facebook asks, "WHY WOULD ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANOTHER PERSON CALLING THEMSELVES "GOD"... im ready..."

I want to respond. I consider that this is a clear example of a "Why" question. Furthermore, I read some of the comments underneath her post and folks are quoting Eminem, the Bible, talking about blasphemy and what not. I really wanna go in. But instead of answering, I respond with the following,
"I have an answer, but I'm not answering or asking "Why" questions for the rest of the week. "Why say "Why" when you can just say "Whatever." -Long, The Pimp Doctor"

She liked that answer. I think this "No More Why" exercise is gonna do me some good. 

Love,
Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment